Monday, November 1, 2010

Hey family!!! How is everyone? This week has been pretty good. We've been working really really hard and seeing the Lord's hand in the work. In the past while we hadn't found any new investigators, but this week we found two new families! And the funny thing is, they live next door to each other. Sweet. That'll cut down on the time we spend walking from appointment to appointment.




So Margarita and Rene are pretty much set for their marriage, the only problem is that Margarita works all day monday to friday. When I say all day, I mean from nine in the morning to ten at night. Wow. That's alot of work. Anyway, they haven't had the chance to swing by the hospital to get their blood tests that they need before the marriage. Spiritually speaking they're doing great though! We had a baptism planned for this Saturday with Yenis, a friend of one of the members. On wednesday or thursday, we called Yenis' friend to set up another appointment to go teach Yenis, when her friend let us in on some bad news. Yenis was in jail. Yes, jail. haha. She ended up mixed up in a little domestic dispute, and the cops came and took everyone involved to jail. Anyway, she's out of jail now, and she's not in trouble for anything, because she wasn't actually part of the problem. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We haven't had a chance to visit them since then but we'll see what happens this week. As far as Petro, we had to drop him. He refuses to quit smoking. When we ask him when he plans on smoking the next time he usually says "tomorrow." So we had to stop visiting him. But his step son Ricardo still loves the gospel, the only problem is, his mom has been super busy. Last week they didn't get to church on time, and this week they didn't come at all, so Ricardo still hasn't been confirmed! We'll be focusing on getting him there this week no matter what!


The other day we were studying and Elder Ripley noticed out the window that a little boy neighbor of ours (about two years old) was playing with some baby chickens in the front yard. Then we noticed he wasn't really playing with them so much as he was fighting them. He was chasing them around in this little tiny square garden, and kicking them. Then he would grab one of them and drop it down a little hole in their grass and leave it there while he chased the other ones, then come pull it out again. It was so crazy! We were laughing super hard. The day after the chicken incident, was a pretty weird day. I don't know if it was my tie or what, but all the little kids just loved me! When we left the house in the morning we were walking down the sidewalk and all of a sudden this little kid I had never seen before just came running at me from about a block away and gave me a huge hug! It was a little awkward. Then a bunch of other random kids were just waving at me and saying hi and trying to give me high fives. Kids usually like missionaries but this time was unusual. The whole day little kids just wanted to talk to me or give me candy and stuff. It was strange. Anyway, so that's been my week.


Nay- I can't remember but I think I totally forgot to tell you the tricks of using that bag I sent you! If your bag broke don't stress, when I get to talk to you on Christmas remind me to explain how to use it, it's really simple. haha. That's hilarious that you made concert choir and then you lost your voice. Haha. but sweet! that will be fun! Sounds like you had a pretty awesome halloween week. Love ya Nay! Have a great week!


Den- Sounds like halloween was a blast! Man denny you know how to celebrate. haha. You would like halloween down here. It's a three day celebration. First is Halloween, adopted from the USA. Then the second day is the day of the children, they make little alters with food that the kids like and the little kids get to eat it. Then the third day is day of the dead. They make food the dead people like, and somehow the dead people are supposed to come eat it. haha. Oh and yes we do answer the phone like on the best two years. I'm supposed to answer, but my comp always tries to get to the phone first. haha. Love ya denny, have a great week!


Sloosh- Sounds like you had a great time on halloween! how was trick or treating in the new neighborhood? That's too bad you were the only one who got a cola. haha. Oh well. How did the party at Bam's go? did you already have it? Love ya shoosh. have a great week!!!


Dig- Sounds like that spook alley was sweet man. Why is this your last year of trick or treating? I'm pretty sure me and tanner went until eleventh grade. haha. By the way you should tell tan he needs to write me more dear elders and let me know how he's doing. haha. Love ya dig! have a great week!


Mom- Thanks for the info on the birthday package. I'm sure it will probably get here on time. I'm excited! Elder Ripley's birthday is december 27, but I might not be his companion anymore by then. Anyway, I've been thinking about you alot lately mom. I sure miss you. Yesterday in church one of the counselors in the bishopric encouraged us to make life goals, and he read of some life goals of a latter day Apostle. One of his life goals was to always try to show his mom how grateful he is for what she's done for him, and he pointed out that the majority of the time that a mother has in this life, is focused toward the well being of her children. What an incredible calling! I'm just thankful I have the best mom in the world! I love you mom. Have a great week!


Dad- That's sweet it's snowing up there, down here it's just the same as since I got her pretty much. That would be so awesome if we got to speak in sacrament meetings together when I get home! It'd be incredible. Thanks for the little updates on the U. Don't worry I won't let it distract from the work, but make sure you let me know how the blackout went. Love ya dad! have a great week!


Love you all!
Elder Dallas Robert Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment