Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hey Fam,

How is everyone? I'm doing well. This week has been great. Conference was awesome as usual. I especially enjoyed the Sunday Morning Session, because of the talks by President Eyring and Sister Dalton. Every time I hear President Eyring speak it just impacts me. It's like as soon as he begins to speak, the Spirit's already a little stronger. It was awesome to hear his story about being a witness of Christ, even in that difficult situation when they told him he couldn't do so. What courage. It's a great example for me in the final part of my two years as a representative of Christ. Sister Dalton's talk was awesome too. Instructions I'll be able to apply more in the future I guess. I really enjoyed her talk from last conference as well. The leaders of the church are all just so great.

So this week we found some lists of less active members divided into areas of the ward. Every time we've planned this week we've included nearby less actives in the back up plans. We found a really special family named the Sanchez family. The grandparents, three of their son's, one with his wife and kids all live there together. One of the three sons has down syndrom. His name is Julian, and he's a great guy. The first day we visited them he came up and gave Elder Olson and I a hug, despite never having seen us before. The son that's married with kids has three boys, one of which also suffers from a disability. He was dropped on accident when he was a baby, and landed head first, and ended up with brain damage. The grandpa is also having a tough time with his health. He recently had to have a kidney removed, and went blind in one eye. They live in pretty humble circumstances, and make their living as shoemakers. The other two grandsons are preparing to be baptized in a few weeks. It'll be awesome to see the reactivation of the family and the baptism of the grandsons.

After the last session conference, a member named Diego came up to me to say hi. I was surprised to see him, because I had met him when I first got to the ward, but he had moved shortly afterward to a different stake and I hadn't seen him for a while. He explained that him and his family are back living with his mom now, and will be coming to our ward again. His friend came with him to conference, and he introduced us to him there. Yesterday we went to teach him the gospel, and he is pretty prepared. He had talked to missionaries in the past, and had actually planned on getting baptized, but the missionaries suddenly stopped coming. We're helping him to plan for a baptism in a few weeks. He'll possibly have some struggles with drugs or alcohol, but in the closing prayer at the end of the lesson yesterday, he asked for strength to be able to avoid vices and temptations. His prayer was sincere and heartfelt. We'll be focusing on anything and everything we can do to help him get over the challenges he's facing.

Office work is getting caught up, which is relieving. It's so boring after a while. I heard that in other missions the secretaries don't get to leave to preach the gospel though, so I guess I major lucked out. I would go insane if that were the case here.  Anyway, that's about all that's been going on this week.

Nay- That's not good about your wrist. I'll be praying for ya. I'm sure that avoiding texting and the computer wouldn't hurt. They did talk about that a couple times in conference you know. haha. Just kidding. Sweet deal on those track shoes. They're not the ones with metal spikes are they? haha. That's awesome that you found them. You're probably right about them being blessings right when you needed them and all. Let me know how the family visit goes this weekend. Love ya! Have a great week!

Den- Sounds like that almost goal was sweet man! You must have kicked that thing pretty hard to almost score from so far away. Way to read the over thrown throw in by the way. Sweet. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- So what's the zombie program going to be like? Is it just like a singing program? That stinks about not having the song on your cd. It's kinda tough to practice your dance without the music I bet. Anyway, Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- Sounds like the good old Utah weather is holding true to it's reputation. It's going to be crazy to get home in January. Especially if I'm still in Guadalajara at the end of my mission, because they say it stays pretty warm here during the winter months. It'll be quite a contrast to go from sunny GDL to snowy SLC. Haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dig- You're on armor staff? Sweet man. I never had that opportunity. When I was an SBO in ninth grade I got to help with the year book a little, but not much. I bet they're thankful to have your artistic skills there though. So what's smash burger? I've either never heard of it or totally forgot about it. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Mom- That thought about proxy work compared to the Atonement is pretty awesome. I've definitely never thought about it that way before. I'll have to keep that in mind during my study time and stuff, try to gain a greater appreciation for what the Savior did for us. Thanks for sharing that with me. About the CEU thinig, I'll be going in the fall. haha. I think it'll be good that way, give me some time to get everything ready, remember how to do math and stuff. I also think it'd be a good opportunity to spend some one on one time with the fam before I go start the rest of my life. Besides, starting a week late at school the day I get home from my mission seems a little overwhelming. So you can let Mr. Olsen know haha. Thanks for everything Mom. Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment