Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hey Fam! How is everyone? I've been doing well. This week has been one of a kind. Alot of things have happened that hadn't happened to me before.

The secretary job is getting a little tiny bit stressful. I have a TON of visa stuff to take care of, and there's alot of other little projects that I need to work on. But it's ok, I'm learning how to get things done and use my time more wisely. I actually got another super awesome talk from the Stake Presidency of the Hunter Stake. It included a quote by Neal A Maxwell that says: "Our perfect Father does not expect us to be perfect children yet. He had only one such Child. Meanwhile, therefore, sometimes with smudges on our cheeks, dirt on our hands, and shoes untied, stammeringly but smilingly we present God with a dandelion -- as if it were an orchid or a rose! If for now the dandelion is the best we have to offer, He recieves it, knowing what we may later place on the altar. It is good to remember how young we are spiritually." That's a sweet quote. It's a great analogy. It just makes me excited to be more diligent and try harder and harder, there's alot of work to do to one day become what He knows we can become. We actually got into a doctrinal discussion with President Jesperson the other day in the staff meeting about the organization of the Celestial Kingdom, the progress in the eternities, and the prophesied comings to pass of the milenium. It was pretty cool, because I learned a ton about the importance of being sealed as a family, and it was neat to talk about doctrine stuff like that with President Jesperson.

Well, the investigators are doing well. This week we found a single mother named Maricruz. She said she's never listened to anyone from any church before, but for some reason she felt the need to let us in. She has four kids. I don't really know what the situation is in her family, but right now she's raising the four kids on her own. Her kids are pretty young but they're smart, and the oldest of the four enjoyed the first lesson quite a bit. We also found a man named Jesus this week that's a surgeon. He seems to be a sincerely good guy. He's got an awesome family, he makes decent money, but he dedicates alot to helping others with the skills he has as a doctor. It's going to be awesome to have the investigators in General Conference this weekend. It's hard for someone to hear a Prophet speak and not be impacted.

This week I've been working alot on focus. I've been learning that if I don't have a goal, I feel like the things I do don't have a purpose. Preach My Gospel is pretty focused on helping missionaries to keep our purpose in mind, and get better at setting and focusing on goals. I think that when we don't have a long term focus, we start to feel like all the little things that happen throughout the day are really big deals. But when we have that goal in mind of what we're really working for (an eternal family, further repentance, helping others to come unto Christ and be baptized (that's my focus,)) we remember that all those little things really don't hinder our eternal progress, and all the things that usually seem mundane, suddenly start to help us find joy in the journey.

Well I'm pretty stoked for conference. I can't wait really. It's like all I've been thinking about. My alarm to wake up in the morning is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir this week, and I set the desktop of my office computer as a picture of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Sweet.

Oh, something else that happened exciting this week. One of the members in our ward has a sweet hookup for Chihuahua Cheese. He gets giant bricks of it for pretty darn cheap whenever he goes to Chihuahua. I bought a brick from him last night after he helped us with splits. That means I'm gonna have quesadillas like every day this week! haha.

Dig- That 90 sounds harder than a 180 actually. haha. Are you able to keep riding after landing the 90? That's a pretty serious trick man. So, heard you won the contest for the quest logo. Congrats Dig! That's way sweet! I can't wait to see how sweet it must look. Love ya! Have a great week!

Den- That's awesome that you got 8 badges at scouts den! Were they merrit badges? Probably earned them at the weeklong I guess. Good Job denny o. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- Thanks for that advice on talking with everyone. I've been really working on following impressions that I get to contact people and stuff. I'm just going to be doing what you said and fitting in as many people per day as time permits. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- That Rudolf dance sounds pretty awesome Shash. Maybe when I get home you could give me some dance lessons so I can be cool. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Mom- That story of Denny at the temple cafeteria was pretty funny. That denny o. I might be more indecisive about food than him when I get home. All those desserts you were naming are things I haven't even seen for a while. haha. That story about Gracie was way funny too. haha. Thanks for the updates. About the CEU stuff, I'm pretty sure I will want to work until the next semester at CEU, or maybe go to slcc in the summer as well. But I'll let you know for sure next week. Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- That's sweet about Sam. That's pretty cool that he might just drop everything to be able to leave. He must have alot of desire to serve the Lord. Awesome. So you're bad day was pretty bad! haha. Did you have to just buy a new guitar? That's tough about the exams too. That's too bad about your roommate situation as well. haha. I've never had any comps like that so I can't say I know how you feel. Anyway, hang in there. Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment