Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hey Fam,

How is everyone? I'm doing well. I've been getting things done way fast here in the offices which is sweet, because this Monday we're getting 17 new missionaries, and ten of them need visa stuff done when they get here. That'll be fun. haha.

This week has gone really well. Daneisis, the girl that came to church on her own last week, came again this week, and is super excited for her baptismal date for this Saturday. She was super prepared for the Gospel. Her family is way supportive of her as well. It kind of stinks that they aren't as interested in the message, but i'm sure that with time her good influence will rub off on her family members. We were talking with her and her mom the other day about her baptism, about what time they wanted it to be at and stuff. The Panamerican Games are going on in Guadalajara right now, and her mom reminded her that they have alot of tickets for the events, and told her she better make sure the baptism isn't scheduled for the same time as one of the events she might want to see. Daneisis responded with alot of conviction, that no matter what's going on she just wants to get baptized this week. She said she just doesn't want to wait anymore. I thought that was pretty awesome, because her biggest chalenges so far have been her friends, who are pretty into innappropriate worldly activities. I could tell since we started teaching Daneisis that she was worried about having to leave some social things behind, but I think she's just realized what's really going to make her happy. She said she's tired of the bad influences in the world, and she's just done with that stuff. She's excited to do the Lord's will. Awesome.

I was studying a little about the Sermon on the Mount this week. In Jesus the Christ, James E. Talmage comments that the Sermon on the mount shows us the true results of our actions, as the Savior lists off various ways of being and living, and the consequences/ blessings that come as a result. He comments that there's a difference between pleasure and happiness. But why? I like what he said about the difference: "Mere pleasure is at best but fleeting; happiness is abiding, for in the recollection thereof, is joy renewed." Wow. Sweet logic. That's awesome. Things that bring pleasure make us feel good for a moment when it happens. Then afterwards, in many cases, we feel embarassment or regret when we think back on the moment. Things that bring happiness, however, make us feel great in the moment, and we feel great every time we reflect back on the moment. Awesome. The trick is figuring out which things bring true happiness. That's why the Lord gave us commandments. What a blessing! He could have easily just sent us down here and said "well, trial and error I suppose, hope they figure it out someday." No, His desire is that we can have every opportunity to be truly happy, and that's why he gave us commandments, so that we wouldn't have to learn the hard way which things bring true happiness. I think Daneisis has that figured out.

Well, other than that, the rest of our investigators are having some struggles. Adolfo wasn't progressing well at all, but it turns out that he was mainly holding back because of the pressure he felt from Diego. We talked to him on the side, helped him clear up some doubts and stuff, and now he's back on track. It'll just be a little more time.

Today's P day has been kind of cool. This morning I did Yoga. It was the first time in my life that I've ever done Yoga. We did the P90X Yoga. It was pretty hard. It lasts an hour and a half. Then we went to this barber school and got free hair cuts. Luckily today was their exam day, so all the students were doing their best work. Anyway, That's about all for this week.

Nay- Sweet job on the Psych test! How often are there tests in college? It seems like alot. haha. I hope all turns out well with your wrist. You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'll be praying for ya. Love ya! have a great week!

Dad- That's awesome that you saw Bro. Ika. He's a great guy. If you see him again somehow, let him know I said hi. haha. What was all the work that had to be done on the Meier's home? Wade always has the craziest funnest experiences. Thanks for the advice on 'The Living Christ.' I'm going to include that in my study time this week. Love ya! have a great week!

Dig- Sounds like Disneyland has been sweet. What's been your favorite part so far? You'll have to let me know what the Ocean's like, haha. I've never seen it. Love ya! have a great week!

Den- That's sweet about the free dinner man! Mom told me you got a free bubble gun too. Sweetness. Did any of your stuff fly in the air on the tower of terror? Love ya! have a great week!

Shash- You got a baby Dumbo? Cool Sloosh! Gotta love Disneyland. That's going to be fun heading out to the Ocean tomorrow, you'll have to let me know how it goes. Love ya! have a great week!

Mom- Those tithing miracles were pretty sweet. Remember when the elderly man let us butt the whole line on the aerosmith roller coaster? That was sweet. That's cool that you got to see Andy, every once and a while I look through my pictures and see the picture of him and I at my farewell dinner. What a great guy. Thanks for the updates on Katrina and Kathy. I'll keep them both in my prayers still. That's crazy about Shay's baby. It seems like I just barely found out she was expecting. Time goes by quickly. I'm attaching the pictures we took for the Christmas card this year. I get to be in the special secretary picture this time. Only one of the ones we took turned out ok for the card. The others were all just kind of us goofing around. I told Elder Olson you and Dad and the kids are in Disneyland and he said "they have to visit my family!" I guess he lives like fifteen minutes away from Disneyland or something. haha. So I thought maybe if you have time on your less occupied day tomorrow you could swing by and see if the Olson family is home. Just if you have time. Anyway. Thanks for everything Mom. Love ya! have a great week!

Bam- The package has arrived! haha. Wow Bam, that package is sweet! The little kids are going to love the suckers and the gum and stuff. And those decorations are sweet. It's going to be cool to be able to get everything ready for halloween with anticipation. Feel like the good old days. As far as any requests for the other package, I have none. You're packages are so great already. Thanks for that quote by E. Holland. That's a good one. I wrote it down. Love ya! have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar










The Good One!

No comments:

Post a Comment