Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hey Fam!

So this week has been good. We've been getting a lot done while in the field which is always great. At the start of the week we had a meeting with President Jesperson about the responsibilities we'll be taking on while the assistants are traveling. It's a bit more office work, which stinks. Also with the eight missionaries who went home on Monday that made for a really busy weekend. Also, the Elder who was training me to be the Exec. Secretary is now home, and I'm a little nervous, because he was like the best at this job, and this Saturday a Sister missionary is arriving from Peru, and I have to make sure all her visa stuff is in order so that she can get her migratory situation worked out, and I really don't know how to do that. So we'll see how it goes. All the extra office works just helps me to appreciate missionary work a little more, because I love the feeling of getting out of here and back into the field.

This week we've found a couple new investigators. They're brothers in law, and they're both super open to listen to us. They're pretty smart with the scriptures already, and they were pretty intrigued by the Book of Mormon. They're kind of in that mindset of "all paths lead to God," which doesn't exactly go along with what the scriptures say, but once they read and pray about the Book of Mormon it should help the process along. I love a part in the pamphlets that we hand out that talks about the invitation to pray about the message. After it talks about the way that we receive answers to our prayers it says that once we pray and receive an answer, it's then up to us to decide if we're going to act upon what God has told us or not. That's a good simple principle of the Gospel, come to distinguish the good from bad, then make our decision.

We haven't had too much luck with Eliseo lately. He still looks super sweet, and I'm way impressed with the way that he understands the scriptures and the purpose of life and stuff, but he's kind of hard to catch at home sometimes. We'll see what happens. Samuel Aguilar is doing well. We talked with him about the repentance process, and gave him a reading assignment about baptism.The biggest challenge will be getting him to church, because his days off of work change each week.

This week I've been studying about patience. There are quite a few scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants that talk about how patience is key in making it to the Celestial Kingdom. It plays a major role in the perfection process. I really like President Uchtdorf's talk on patience from the April Conference of 2010. He explains that patience is basically rejecting instant gratification for a greater long term victory. It really helps us to submit ourselves completely to the will of God, develop other Christlike Attributes, see things the way they really are, and gain real control over the natural man.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Dig- Sounds like that camp was awesome man! I always loved doing all those activities. I'd never seen that watermelon thing before but it sounds tough! I can't believe you won it, way to go Dig. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- Sounds like your sleepovers with the cousins were pretty awesome Shash. It's great that you can do stuff like that. Alot of kids down here never get to experience those good times. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- Ya I told Samuel about Gramp. haha. Actually I carry a two sided laminated picture in my triple combination, and one of the sides is from Gramp's birthday out in front of his house with the sign you made him. So when Samuel told me what his name was I told him about Gramp and took the opportunity to show him the picture of our family and talk about how blessed we've been for living the gospel. So you're going to talk about the Become as a Little Child talk? I really think that it was my favorite talk from last conference. At least one of my favorites. You'll have to let me know about the things you learn while preparing and delivering the talk. I can´t think of too many examples or thoughts from my experiences that would help. I love Mosiah 3:19 of course. I´m sure it probably quotes it maybe even more than once in the talk. I think that Den is a pretty good example of someone who lives what that scripture says pretty well. So is everyone else in the fam, but I think that's one of his strengths. Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- Ya I remember the Summit. It was pretty awesome. The classes especially were super sweet. A lot of them were just about how to get married faster, but there were quite a few other topics as well. I liked it a lot. So what's the Aural skills class about? Psychology will probably be awesome. You'll have to let me know about the stuff you learn in that class. About your friend Lindsey. Wow. That's a sweet story. You're really like the best member missionary in the world Nay. You've made huge differences in people's lives with your example and testimony. You'll have to let me know how the baptism goes. Love ya! Have a great week!

Mom- My release date is the 16th of January. haha. Could you let me know about the options when you know about them? Do we know if I could transfer my scholarship to USU? That FHE sounds like it was a blast. It'll be awesome to spend time like that with the fam again. There's a time for everything though I guess. Now is the time to give it my all for the last part of my mission. Thanks for your prayers and support with the investigators mom. I know it makes a difference. About the question for if there's anything I need. I guess contacts wouldn't hurt, but it's not that urgent, because I can always just wear my glasses. Thanks for everything Mom! Love ya! Have a great week!

Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment