Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hey Fam! How is everyone? This week has gone well. There's been a ton of stuff going on, but now that I know what I'm doing, everything seems pretty easy to handle.� The visa with the new sister missionary all turned out perfect. That new sister is full of potential. She came to the field super ready to go. It was pretty cool to have met her in the training with Pres. Jesperson because the Spirit just filled the room along with her energy and excitement. I think it helped us all have a better week. It's amazing the difference that one person with a great attitude can make.

So the work is going ok. I don't know if I've mentioned much about the ward, but I'm really almost 100% positive that I'm serving in the best ward in the mission. The members are incredible. A couple weeks ago there were six investigators in church that the members had invited and brought on their own. Six! Sweet. We're working on getting appointments set up with them and stuff. Three of them came after attending EFY by the way, and it had quite the impact on them.

We've been working about like we would if we were opening an area lately. It's kind of tough, but I love it. It reminds me of the start of my mission, because we're just heading out each day knowing that the only possible way we're going to have any success is through the little miracles the Lord puts in our way. It's been pretty neat to see the results of our searching. Normally when I go knocking on doors it's about a person per block that's willing to either listen in the moment, or set an appointment for later on, and out of all the people that listen it's usually about one out of ten that actually becomes a progressing investigator. I've been studying the scriptures more seriously lately and it makes a huge difference in the work. It helps me understand my purpose better, and it helps us to have the right focus and mindset when we go out to work. Anyway, we've been leaving to preach with alot more Spiritual help it feels like, and we've been finding more like three or even four people per block that want to listen. I'm still not sure how any of the people we're finding will progress, all I know is that if we seek we shall find, and if we ask we shall recieve. So I'm asking for help to find a family that's prepared to recieve the message, change, and be baptized, and we're seeking every opportunity we get. I love the days when I get back to the offices and I just know that regardless of what the turnout was, I did what the Lord wanted, and was hopefully able to be an instrument in His hands to at least make a small difference for someone out there. Missionary work is one of very few sources of true joy in this life. All the other things that bring true joy are pretty tied in with missionary work too I guess. I'm thankful to be a part of it.

Samuel Aguilar has been pretty hard to find this week, he also doesn't seem to have any option for going to church other than getting a different job, so we'll see how things turn out. Eliseo has been hard to find as well.� Yesterday we taught a young lady who is pretty confused due to a recent death in the family. She said she still believed in God, but that she just didn't understand life. She didn't know why good people had to go through bad experiences, or why God doesn't help everyone achieve all the goals they set for themselves, or why she's never received an answer to her prayers. We talked about her questions and read quite a few scriptures in the Book of Mormon. We left her a pamphlet on the Plan of Salvation and invited her to read it and pray. I've talked to tons of people on my mission that have had the same doubts, but for some reason she seemed really hopeless and confused. Even as we testified about what we know she just felt like there was no real answer to her questions. It made me thankful for the life I've been blessed with. I just hope she reads the pamphlet and prays, because an answer from her Heavenly Father is much more effective than our so so answers to her many questions.

Mom- That's crazy about JD. Did he get hurt? or did it just tear up the helmet? Thanks for the updates on Brennan also. That's too bad about Sharon. I guess she probably has the testimony and ability to pass those kinds of tests. She's made a big impact on the Jordan North First Ward over the years by her example. That's interesting about those two marriages that you mentioned to me. I'm glad the mission has helped me to understand how to make a better choice when the time comes for me to choose an eternal companion. It's kind of a BIG deal. haha. Anyway, thanks for your e mail mom, you said some things I needed to hear. Did you write the Napoleon joke at the end? haha I got a good laugh out of it. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- Hey Sloosh! Sounds like swimming was a blast. You're a way better swimmer than I'll ever be I bet. haha. You'll have to let me know how dancing in the talent show goes ok? That's sweet that soccer is starting up again too. Fun!�Love ya! Have a great week!

Dig- Man that's a rough week! haha. It's too bad about your bike and the paint job and stuff. You'll have to let me know how the end result turns out. That's good that you're learning a little more about solving problems and improving from your mistakes and stuff. Sweet.�Love ya! Have a great week!

Den- That's sooo awesome that you went to the temple Den! Man what a great experience. That's cool that you felt the difference in the feelings from the Spirit inside too. Sounds like your temple cafeteria meal was pretty delish. haha. When you go on a mission you'll eat all you can everyday in the MTC, and once a week you'll get to eat at the temple when you go. haha. Sweet.�Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- How's the last minute college stuff coming? Can you imagine if mom didn't help us with that stuff like she does? I might have ended up not going to college just to avoid all the application stuff. haha. Sounds like Lindsay's conversion was awesome. That's sweet that you got to be a part of those experiences. Sounds like the Summit was the same as when I went. haha. Except there weren't guys asking me for my number after every class, but the rest sounds the same. �Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- So... what was the end result of the guy with pierced ears experience? I must say, you have pretty good self control. I would have had a hard time not saying something in that situation. haha. That quote from Elder Bednar was really good. Thanks for sharing it with me. I'll have to write it down in my study journal or somewhere where I can refer back to it in the future. Cool.�Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment