Monday, April 18, 2011

Hey Fam!

How is everyone? I'm doing well. This week has been fine. Nothing has changed much in the progress of the area or the investigators. Angel came to a baptismal service that the zone leaders held on Saturday, so hopefully that will rekindle a little of what he's felt as he was learning about the gospel. I don't remember if I've mentioned anything about Pablo before. He's a nineteen year old that started reading the Book of Mormon after we had taught his mom and left her a copy of it. Later on he got a hold of us and asked if we could come teach him. When we taught him, he expressed his desire to come unto Christ, and his excitement in learning that there was another testament of Jesus Christ. He's continued to grow in testimony and desire, but has had a really hard time making it to church, and that's keeping him from getting baptized. His parents are going through a divorce right now and he's been moving back and forth trying to figure out where his home is going to be in the future, and he's been trying to decide on a future career. I guess with all of that combined it makes it difficult for him sometimes to get everything done that he wants to do. He has a firm desire to get baptized, but until he can get his situation sorted out and start coming to church he'll just have to wait.

This week we had a few funny experiences. We were teaching a lady on her doorstep when a crazy man came up and started asking us a million questions about America and about how old we are and how tall we are and a bunch of weird stuff. He was a pretty funny guy so we were laughing pretty hard. All of a sudden another crazy guy walked out onto his balcony across the street and started to shoot rocks at us out of his sling shot. The lady explained that he's her uncle and that he's under special watch because he's a little unstable and hostile. It was all pretty crazy. We also had a close encounter with a flying cocroach while at a food appointment. This week has also had some very spiritual experiences in it. All in all it just seems like the Lord is trying to wake me up a little. I feel like there's something that needs to be re lit inside of me. Some sort of desire or feeling that I haven't felt for a while. I don't know. This work is just complicated, but at the same time super super simple. It's hard sometimes to do all the things, but not do to much at the same time, and get distracted from my purpose as a missionary. I'll just have to keep pressing forward and try to focus on faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God.

Mom- Thanks for that dearelder about the General conference. Your comments about the story of the prospectors really helped me. Lately I've been getting the mail pretty quickly because there's been alot of travel between here and Guadalajara, so that's been cool, but I don't know how much longer that will last. About the pictures. We're not supposed to take pictures while proselyting, so there's not really any opportunities to take pictures of the things I do every day, but I'll see if I can set some time aside on P days to go take more pictures, because it's definitely something I'll be thankful for in the future. I am eating well by the way. haha. Thanks for asking. I'm still not gaining any weight though. I actually think I've lost a little, but it's definitely not from a lack of food. I think it's just from excercise and being in the heat all day. Anyway, I love you, Have a great week!

Shash- That's a little scary about what happened with Rhino. I hope he starts getting better with that medicine. I love you, Have a great week!

Den- That's sweet that you're tearing it up in kickball man! Sweet job! I love you, Have a great week!

Dad- Thanks for sharing the experience at Martin's Cove. I've never been there but it'd be sweet to go check it out someday. Thanks for letting me know about grandpa Ellis also. I'll keep him in my prayers. I love you, Have a great week!

Dig- That's sweet that you're undefeated man. Keep givin it your all in every game. haha. Enjoy your break from school too. I love you, Have a great week!

Nay- Hope you're enjoying Florida! Haha. We're super going back there sometime after I'm home. :) I love you, Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment