Monday, April 11, 2011

15 Months!

Hey Fam!!!

How is everyone? This week has been...interesting. It seems like since I got to Uruapan I've only seen trial after trial after trial. It's surely been the most difficult thing that I've ever had to do, but I wouldn't miss it for anything. This week I've been focused on what I can learn from the things that have been going on, what I need to change and improve, and I've been thinking alot about Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk of "Come what may and love it."

We've done what we can to find Carina, but our efforts have yielded no fruits. We've been talking to her neighbors who are members of the church to see if they've seen her or anything, but from what we can see, she really just got married and took off. The saddest part is that we found out that the guy she married has served time in prison, and currently struggles with alcohol and maybe drug problems. I don't know why she would just be seeking out more problems in her already difficult life, but oh well. Maybe somewhere down the road she'll remember what she learned from the scriptures and the Spirit, and decide to make some changes.

On Friday, we were with an investigator named Angel. He's been reading his Book of Mormon alot, and even told us about how he took a trip to a huge museum in Mexico City last week and was just imagining all the great stories that are behind the artifacts in the museum, and how they tie in with his ancestors and the stories he's read in the Book of Mormon. He decided that he was ready for baptism, so we began to plan his baptismal service. We had it all planned out for this Tuesday (tomorrow) in the morning, when suddenly in the middle of the discussion he just decided he no longer wanted to be baptized. We talked to him for a little while and there seemed to be no outstanding reason for him to not be baptized, but as I've been thinking about things and what he was saying, I think he just felt rushed. We all know that it's never too soon to follow the example of Jesus Christ, but he might have just felt a little uncomfortable. He wished us luck in our search and with our preaching, and asked if we could let him know when the next zone baptism will be so he can come see it. Maybe then he'll feel that "prick" in his heart that it talks to us about in the scriptures, and decide to act upon it.

The companionship has been doing great. I've been learning to be more charitable, patient, and accepting with my comp, and I've seen him grow as he feels that extra confidence that comes when someone trusts in you. His teaching skills are really improving, and he's not so afraid of the people anymore.

This Saturday and Sunday Elder Jaen came to our house again to work with Elder Petersen and his companion on Saturday then come to church with us. He bought us all pizza because it was his nineteen month mark in the mission, then we had a crazy ninja strike match, that turned into more of a smack down at the end. It was pretty cool. Elder Jaen has always been really good at helping other missionaries to stay happy and excited to work.  Anyway, that's all for this week.

Dig- Sounds like that brunch was sweet man, I would love some chinese food and a chocolate fountain. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- That story about the dance sounds hilarious. I'm sure most people had no idea that something had gone wrong. That's funny though. Have fun in Florida this week! Love ya!

Den- Dude I was a kickball captain too! I think we had the best team but we took second place. Oh well. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Mom- I didn't know uncle Jud was denny's teacher and stuff, and I never knew that Chuck is a seminary teacher! Sweet. That'd be an awesome job. Sounds like the full house weekend was a blast. Could you let Bam and Gram know I got both their e mails? and could you let Timmerie know that I did get her letter in Spanish, and it was impressive. Pretty good spanish letter writing skills. Thanks for keeping me updated on the fam. By the way, I would love some pics of the fam in the next package if at all possible. Thanks! Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- Sounds like you had a pretty fun weekend Sloosh! I miss ya. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- I appreciated your comments about Grandpa Ellis for their anniversary, he continues to set a good standard for the rest of the fam. He leads a lifestyle that deserves much respect from us as well as trust from the Lord. Sweet. Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment