Monday, March 28, 2011

Hey Fam!


How is everybody? This letter might be kind of short because the letter to the president page froze while I was writing my letter to the president, so I'm going to have to write him again. This week has gone well. Last night were transfers, and every companionship in the zone except mine and that of the zone leaders was changed. We'll be recieving another newby in the house that will be trained by Elder Petersen.


This week we've been focusing alot on the people who seem to be especially prepared by the Lord. We're teaching a lady named Carina that is a single mother who has passed through alot of abuse in her life, but somehow remains very possitive. Inside she's really hurting and is ready for a change, the best part is she is looking for a change, and knows that the Savior is the source she needs to go to. It's neat to see her regain hope in this life.


We're also teaching a guy named Angel who's father recently passed away. Angel is in his mid thirties and is single. He's had a pretty good life, because his dad was pretty wealthy and had pretty strict rules for his kids, so he learned how to be obedient, and has always had everything he needs to live comfortably, and it's neat to see that he too recognizes his need to come unto Christ.


I've been studying alot about the Atonement this week, and I've really felt my testimony grow. I feel much closer to my Savior, and have come to better recognize my responsibility in this life, and all that I need to do to be able to do my part and recieve the help from His sacrifice, that I'll need to be able to recieve life eternal. I'm just thankful for Heavenly Father's plan for us, and I grow in desire as I strive to keep an eye single to the glory of God.


Dig- That's sweet that soccer is starting back up man. You'll have to let me know how it goes. Here's a soccer tip for when you're practicing technique by the way... Anything worth doing, is worth doing poorly at first. haha. I had a companion that said that, and it's really true! Love ya! Have a great week!


Den- That's too bad about your contentious sleep over. Oh well. Way to make that hot pocket for shash man. You should always treat your sisters like princesses! haha. Love ya! Have a great week!


Nay- That's awesome you got into that program! Your career is more set than mine now! I still don't even know what it's going to be. Lucky that you get to go to Florida, that was a blast when we went there for Disney World. Love ya! Have a great week!


Shash- That's too bad you were getting sick shash! Hope you get well soon. Love ya! Have a great week!


Dad- Thanks for those tips about remembering the basics. By small and simple things great things are brought to pass. I think that really applies in every aspect of the gospel. Love ya! Have a great week!


Mom- I'm going from here to send the package home finally. I'm including letters for various family members, and for Brother Lauber. By the way could you let Bam know that if she wants to she can send me e mails, I just can't reply. She mentioned something about that in her last dearelder. Elder Petersen lives in the house with me. We've actually become pretty good friends over the past while. He's a way good guy. About what you said about you're e mails. I always love hearing the little stuff about what's going on at home. haha. It helps me remember who I am and why I'm here, it helps me develope a more solid personality, and it helps me to be humble. I sure love ya mom! Love ya! Have a great week!


Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

1 comment:

  1. I got the greatest letter from him yesterday! It took 38 days to get here, but it is a treasure! He sounds great, as usual. So much growth. He is making the most of his experience and will be so prepared for whatever Heavenly Father has need for him to do in his future.

    ReplyDelete