Tuesday, March 15, 2011

14 Months!

Hey Fam!
How is everyone? This week has gone well. We've seen alot of progress in the area, and in the companionship. I've seen my comp grow alot, and he's looking like he's shaping up to be a pretty great missionary.
We had interviews at the start of the week, and the assistants just called us and asked us to come to the lobby of the hotel that them and the President would be staying at to have the interviews there in a little conference room. We were the second to last interviews, and when we got there President just said, "well, I'm starving, let's eat." He then bought dinner for my companionship, the companionship that lives with us, and Elder Moberg at the Holliday Inn restaurant, and we just talked over dinner about the work, and he gave us some pretty awesome advice. It was a pretty cool experience to just relax a little and talk a little more casually with President about what we need to do to improve in the work and stuff.

This week we've been able to find some pretty cool new people. They've been accepting baptismal dates and reading their copies of the Book of Mormon, which is great, because I feel like it's been a while since we've been able to have a handful of real progressing investigators that seem prepared for the gospel.

Today for P day we went and visited the skinniest house in the world. My comp and I came across it while we were knocking doors. It's pretty cool.

Sorry this letter's a little short, I'm running kind of low on time.

Mom- All my mail got here! haha. It was awesome to get the packages. Tell Gram I said thanks for the treats and the books. I've been wanting that pictures of the scriptures book for ever to be able to use it in lessons, it'll be awesome! And Bam's package was loaded! I've already been chowin down on ramen and mac n cheese and the candy she sent. My contacts and shoes got here just fine by the way. I included some pictures of my other worn out pair of shoes, and my worn out grey slacks. Also the pictures from our tour in the skinniest house in the world with Elder Petersen and my comp (Nobody lives there anymore), pictures from when we went bowling back when Elder Walker was here (Elder Ricks is in those ones) and one of me cutting my hair this morning, haha. That's funny that you mentioned that about Bro. Lauber, because just this morning I finally wrote a letter for him. I'm sending a handful of letters in the package I'm sending home to save a little cash. Thanks for the words about obedience. That's what I'll be talking about in the district meeting today. It's really incredible the joy and the blessings that come from obedience, and there's always a way to improve in that aspect. Well I love ya mom. I miss ya. But like you said, only eight more weeks till the phone call! Love ya! Have a great week!

Den- Sounds like you had an all around super week man. You dominated at everything! cool. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- Thanks for letting me know about Persie. Other than that how's she doin? About your comments about the time, I feel like it's going by too fast, and I'm just trying to do what I can to take advantage of the time that remains. It seems like some days go by in a flash and I just want there to be a couple more hours to work a little more. haha. But anyway. Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- That tea party place sounds sweet. It's too bad turkish delight isn't good. haha. An avocado tree looks about like a maple tree. About the same size too. They grow TONS of avocados. haha. A family that has an avocado tree will have a hard time going hungry. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dig- That stinks that your day got canceled man. Oh well, don't worry, this week can be the best week ever! haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- That's awesome that you're getting soccer started up, and that you're improving well! Let me know how things go with games and stuff! Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar



Bowling on P-Day
I love this one :)
The skinniest house in the world
The Hardings should live in this house
Inside the skinny house
Skinny Elder Aguilar in the skinny house
Wearing out another pair of shoes
From miles and miles of walking
I'd better get him some more pants too!

No comments:

Post a Comment