Thursday, November 10, 2011

How is everyone? I'm doing well. This week has been good. It's been a pretty normal week, but a good week.

So, all that focussing in on the Salas Rios family, Alejandro, and Carlos Contreras, and it ended up that ALL of our investigators went to church on Sunday except them! Hay Carambas, as they say. Anyway. It's been interesting. But we were able to get the Salas Rios family to the church during the week for a lesson, so that was a big improvement, and Carlos' family finally started to read the scriptures to him, which is good. Alejandro's having a tough time however. There was an incident in his home caused by drug overdose that scared him a little bit. One of his family members just had an attack and Alejandro and the little kids were the only other ones home. He ended up super scared trying to calm the situation down, and way stressed out with all the little kids witnessing the whole thing. Anyway, he doesn't like to be at his house anymore unless it's absolutely necessary, so we're going to have to start teaching him in a different venue.

This week I've been studying alot about Repentance. It's so awesome. It's incredible that the Savior has done so much for our salvation, and it's pretty humbling to realize that now that His part is done, everything literally depends on whether or not we take advantage of His Atoning Sacrifice. That's a huge deal. We really shouldn't procrastinate the day of our repentance. I've noticed in my life that of all the things Satan tries to get me to do, he seems to focus most of his attention on trying to persuade me to avoid repentance. He knows how vital it is for us and he's willing to do anything to keep us from repenting. It's cruel. haha. No surprise, he's Satan. Anyway, I notice a lot as we work with people here, that they can be great people, doing good things, worrying about the welfare of others, and lots of other great things, but for whatever reason, they feel like repentance is just something they should avoid. Why?! It's such a mind game. Repentance brings us self control and freedom, there's nothing about it that we should ever not want in our lives. That's the whole purpose of what we do as missionaries. What's gospel? Good news. What's the good news? That all men, everywhere, in any situation can repent, and be forgiven of their sins, in preparation to stand before the Lord at the last day. That's a day when the last thing we want to remember, are the things we didn't repent of (Alma 5:18). So why don't we all just gladly accept the great news and follow what the Lord has commanded? There's really not a single reason not to. Repentance only brings prosperity (Helaman 4:15). I was reading in Preach My Gospel about how to help investigators overcome addictions through repentance, and there's a part that I love. I can't remember exactly where it is, but it talks alot in ch. 3 about how when we repent, our view of ourselves, the world, and the Lord change. The part I like the most is that when we repent, we realize we don't have to keep being a certain way or doing a certain thing. So many people feel like they just have to keep being or doing things that they don't even desire to have in their lives. Well there's the big secret, we don't have to. The price is paid, let's not let it be in vain. I'm just thankful that the Lord has that kind of love for us, to save us from our sins.

Anyway, this letter's a little shorter than usual. This week's just been... interesting I guess. I'm just thankful.

Dig- So the other day I was knocking an investigator's door waiting for them to come answer, when I saw a guy in the street doing some sweet bmx tricks! He was doing all kinds of stuff without any jumps or anything, it was pretty cool. It made me think of you. Sweet job pulling that 3/4 stack! Classic move. Sounds like this season will be sweet for ya. I started wrestling in eighth grade, so you're already way ahead of where I was. Off to a good start. haha. Love ya! Have a great week!

Mom- I received those letters from Aunt Katie's ward's primary this week. They were great! That's pretty exciting about your new calling. Primary's the best. As for your question about the christmas tree, I left it in the Uruapan house with the other Elders. I got my package. I'll be opening it in about a week! Sweet. I hadn't heard about the Elders from Texas. That's tough. I'm sure there was a reason behind it all. Anyway, thanks for everything Mom. Love ya! Have a great week!

Dad- Let me know how things go in California. haha. Thanks for the separate e mail. That advice was great. I love learning about the experiences in the lives of General Authorities, they're the best examples. Thanks for everything Dad. Love ya! Have a great week!

Den- So there's a couch in a cage in the basement? That's sweet! haha. I never would have imagined that. A very comfy looking couch too? Cool. You'll have to keep me updated with everything as wrestling gets started man. Love ya! Have a great week!

Shash- Sounds like your dance costumes are going to be super! haha. I wish I could see your primary program too. I bet it's going to be great. Your just so talented Shash. Love ya! Have a great week!

Nay- That's sweet what you said about the forget me not stuff. I should check that out. It's from a talk right? Good luck on your exams this week. By the way, It's definitely legal to attach pictures to the e mails. haha. So what's the idea behind planking? Anyway. Love ya! Have a great week!

Bam- Thanks for all the updates on the fam Bam! Thanks for all the birthday stuff and everything. I'll be watching for the packages. I'm a pretty spoiled missionary. haha. And I'm thankful for it! I'll be sure to check out the moon tonight by the way. Love ya! Have a great week!

Love you all!
Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment