Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hey Fam!

How is everyone? This week has been alright.

The family from Utah (the family Sosa), still hasn't shown much progress. It's kinda frustrating not knowing at all what to do with them to help the mom (Chela) open up a bit, but all in due time.

This week we came across a family that has been members their whole lives, but that haven't been to church in ten years! The mom saw us in the street and invited us to come visit them. As we talked to them we found out that of the whole family, their kids are already all grown up and married, and only one of them still goes to church. One has started drinking and smoking. One of the daughters now considers herself Jehova's Witness, and the mom, the one who invited us to come, had begun worshipping the grim reaper. Wow. haha. As we talked with them we found out that there was alot of history behind their situation. After being members for about four years, always being in church on Sundays, keeping the commandments, reading the scriptures, etc, the mom was preparing to enter the temple. She was super excited and was taking temple prep classes and stuff. One day, her sister, also a member of the church, came over to visit her, and told her that she didn't think she was prepared to enter the temple, and that she thought she should wait. The mom felt pretty bad about it, and ended up never going to church again. From that point on each person in the family sort of went their own way. The happy ending is that they are dying to return to the church. They are willing to do anything to be in good standing again with the Lord, and they all have a great attitude toward life and stuff. Their daughter in law is also pretty excited. She's not a member, but is looking forward to going to church with her family, and will probably be able to be baptized soon. It'll be great to hear about the big turn around their making in their lives.

Well, I had transfers. Last friday President Jesperson came all the way out to our house and talked with us about some things. He interviewed me personally and talked to me about alot of things to do with the teachings of Christ and testimony. Then on Sunday Elder Tibbits called me and let me know that President had been praying all day long about an impression or decision he was trying to make, and had recieved an answer that I needed to be moved from my area. I'm no longer a zone leader. Elder Newell will be taking my place, and I'll be headed to Guadalajara as the Visa Secretary. I'm kind of confused about what to think about the change. Secretaries in the mission are usually either young missionaries who are responsible enough to take care of the papers and stuff in the offices, but that will also have alot of time after their secretary service to work in the field; or missionaries that are struggling with something that the Assistants and President want to keep an eye on. I'm definitely not a young missionary any more, but I'd like to think that I'm not going there just to be watched. From what I understand, I think President recognizes that there are some things I still need to learn about life and the gospel, that I haven't been able to figure out yet, and he's felt that the transfer will be the best thing to do. I don't know really. All I know is that in President Uchtdorf's talk about pride he talks about how humility includes accepting all the responsibilities or tasks that the Lord gives to us, whether big or small, and doing our very best. So I'll just have to be happy and excited for the new responsibility!

Shash- Sounds like your week was packed with fun stuff with your friends. Sweet Sloosh. I hope you enjoy your fourth of July! Love you! Have a great week!

Den- Sounds like your b day was a blast man! What are you going to spend your birthday cash on? I hope you enjoy your fourth of July! Love you! Have a great week!

Dad- Sounds like the spruces activities were pretty awesome. I remember repelling at scouts a few times, but it was always just on a wall, I bet it's sweeter with real rocks and cliffs. That talk from Jeffrey R. Holland is also a good one. I hope you enjoy your fourth of July! Love you! Have a great week!

Dig- Holy cats man! You've had a crazy week when it comes to bike stuff! That's too bad about the stolen one but it's good you'll be able to work for a new one. I hope you enjoy your fourth of July! Love you! Have a great week!

Mom- I guess I won't be there for the final results of the Sosa Family (Lety and Anthony), but I'm sure your continued prayers will help Elders Newell and Vasquez to help that family out. Thanks for the updates on everyone from home. Could you let the Hill fam know I said congrats on the baptism of Anna and the baby blessing of Alyvia? None of the packages have gotten here yet, but now that I'll be in the offices I'll probably be getting my mail months sooner than usual. haha. Thanks for everything Mom. I hope you enjoy your fourth of July! Love you! Have a great week!

Elder Aguilar

No comments:

Post a Comment