Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hey Fam! How is everyone? I'm doing well. This week has gone well. It's seemed kind of long, but it's been a good week.


Joselin's baptism went well. It was a pretty cool experience to see their family a little more complete in the gospel. The next day the four of them were able to be confirmed together in Sacrament Meeting. Hortencia, Andrea, and Joselin were confirmed by President Navarro (the old stake President,) and I got to confirm Hugo. It was a pretty awesome experience. President Navarro and his family helped alot during the conversion of their family, so it was cool that he was able to do those confirmations. He mentioned in Hortencia and Andrea's confirmations that the dad, Hugo Sr., would soon join the church, thanks to Andrea's example. So that was awesome to hear. He's been warming up to us a little more. Last week he brought menudo home from his work for Elder Zobell and I. I loved it, Elder Zobell not so much. Menudo is the cow stomach of coarse. I guess most people even in Mexico don't even like it, but it's considered quite a delicacy. It's actually over 50 pesos a plate where Hugo works, that's pretty expensive for Mexico.


So Elder Olson is home now. He's already talked to our converts on Facebook. He actually got in contact with them before we even visited them on Monday. The Salas Ríos family was pretty bummed out to see him leave. On Monday night the new American missionaries arrived, and one of them is named Elder Olsen, so I took him to visit the Salas Ríoses, they thought it was pretty cool.


The new companionship is great. Elder Zobell is an awesome missionary. He's really got his head on straight and understands the work well. I'm learning alot from his example. We've been seeing some pretty awesome things lately in the area, and I think it has alot to do with his arrival. He brings alot of spiritual power into the lessons.


David is looking good. He's reading daily alot in the Book of Mormon. We haven't seen him much this week because he's had finals at chef school, but next week he'll be free. He's praying right now to decide if he should be baptized on the 17th. His testimony is growing and he's looking pretty awesome.


Elder Walker (one of my companions from Uruapan) is training this change. It's the first time one of my trainees have trained. So I now have a "grandson" in the mission as they say. I must be getting old. haha.


Anyway, sorry the e mail is kind of short this week. I actually have to run do some secretary stuff downtown right now so we're in a little bit of a hurry. Next week's e mail will be longer though!


Dig- That's crazy about the scoliosis thing. I bet you're right about not really having it. Thanks for the update on Persie. It's nice to hear how she's doing. You'll have to let me know how that in school wrestling tournament goes. Love ya! Have a great week!


Shash- Mom sent me a picture of one of your dance concerts and you look great! I can't believe how big you are already shash. It's crazy. Sounds like the dancing at Golden Living went well. You'll have to let me know how the choir performance goes. That's awesome you have your own Christmas tree in your room! Lucky. Love ya! Have a great week!


Dad- Oh man I'm missing Grandpa's chile. There's some good spicy stuff here, but nothing like good old green chile. I'll have to have a chile eating contest with Denny when I get home. That's funny about Josh's car. That guy's a worker. He's going to accomplish some great things. Well, I hope I don't get transferred to Taylorsville. haha. That's funny about those dreams though. Thanks for everything Dad. Love ya! Have a great week!


Mom- I'm not sure about the details on the Christmas call yet. I should know next week for sure. That's cool that you've been in contact with Elder Zobell's family. He's told me a little about them and they sound like great people. Thanks for those pictures of the fam. I still can't quite believe how tall Davin and Denyon are. That Shash is turning into a Young Woman already. It's so crazy! A lot can happen in two years I guess. Anyway. I attached a picture of Elders Olson, Zobell, and I at a buffet to celebrate Elder Olson's going away, a picture of us wearing wigs at the church when the ward missionaries made us lunch there, and the picture from Joselin's baptism. Thanks for everything Mom. Love ya! Have a great week!


Nay- That's crazy about your surgery! Actually, I had that same problem during wrestling. The two bones in my forearmes were separating at the end where my wrist is. I'm sure it wasn't as serious as your's though (obviously,) because I only had to do stretches and it got better. It kinda stinks that you have to get surgery but it'll be way good once your wrist is better. Sounds like that sledding trip was pretty sweet. Shower curtains huh. Never thought of that before. Oh by the way, I can't believe you don't remember the Rudolph and Sam song! You would sing it to the tune of the icecream truck! I remember that like it was yesterday. Anyway. Love ya! Have a great week!


Bam- Thanks for the update on the adoption progress. Hopefully everything turns out well soon with all that. I had no idea about the picture in the Ensign! That's definitely Jud, Denny, and Shash. I haven't seen my Christmas Package yet, but I'm sure it'll be her any day now. Love ya! Have a great week!


Love you all!
Elder Aguilar





No comments:

Post a Comment